ECIR 2020 tutorials should focus on specific problems or specific domains in which information retrieval research is applied. Tutorials can be of either a half-day (3 hours plus breaks) or a full day (6 hours plus breaks). Similar to workshops, tutorials are encouraged to be as interactive as possible.
Tutorial proposals should contain the following information:
- Title of the tutorial;
- Instructor(s) and their credentials (brief CVs);
- Aims and learning objectives;
- Scope of the tutorial and its relevance to the information retrieval community;
- Tutorial history (previous offerings of tutorial, if any);
- Format of the tutorial (1/2 day or 1 day);
- Full description (up to two pages to be used in the reviewing process);
- Target audience (introductory, intermediate, advanced) and expected prerequisite knowledge of the audience;
- Citations to publications covered by the tutorial.
Tutorial proposals will be reviewed by the tutorial committee. A summary of the tutorial will be published in the conference proceedings.
All proposals should be submitted electronically through the conference submission system and must be in English.
Deadline for submission of tutorial proposals is 1st September 2019, with notification of acceptance on October 1, 2019.
Tutorial Chairs (tutorials_at_ecir2020.org)
University of New Hampshire, USA
Technische Universität Wien, Austria